- This event has passed.
ESL Workshop 4/20 – 4/22
April 22, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$20.00
What does this class offer?
- 2-day Session – April 20 and 22, 6 pm -8 pm
- Two 2-hour intensive workshops focusing on one language function with an experienced ESL instructor.
- Substantial time to practice new expressions and apply them in specific situations.
- Carefully designed materials to support step-by-step learning of the new conversation skills.
- Additional follow-up practice packets to use after the session.
What will you learn during this session?
- Ask for help – “Could you open the door, please?”
- Ask for permission – “I was wondering if could leave early today”.
- Accept a request – “Sure, go ahead.”
- Politely refuse requests with an excuse – “I’d be glad to, but I am helping another customer now.”
- Write a request email.
What technology is needed for the workshop?
- Reliable internet connection
- A reliable, functioning desktop computer, laptop, or tablet with a keyboard
- Audio and visual capabilities (webcam/video, speakers or headphones, and microphone) appropriate for video conferencing
Please read the following cancellation policy carefully before registering for any The Literacy Center ESL Workshop.
This workshop will take place over the course of two days, April 20th and 22nd, 6 pm-8 pm on both days. Refunds/discounts will not be issued if you can only make it to one 2-hour session. The Literacy Center (TLC) will issue a full refund of the class fee up to 72 hours (3 days) prior to the Workshop start time if a written request is submitted. Refunds will not be provided within 72 hours of the Workshop start time or after the Workshop has concluded, for any reason. Please carefully review the technical qualifications for the class as no refund will be provided due to technical issues experienced logging in to the class or during the class. Refunds will not be offered to those who find the workshop content too difficult to understand, so we suggest carefully reviewing the prerequisites and/or qualifying questions prior to registering. If TLC cancels the class, a refund of the class fee will be provided. All refunds will be processed through PayPal.